Making a Career Change
Ready For Change?
You've got experience, in life and work. Now you're moving on and moving up, and you know what you want. You need the facts to make the best decision for your situation. With Fortis, you have the ability to manage your own education and career choices, and the flexibility to work and live while you learn. And once you're done, you need a name on your resume that looks great to employers—Fortis Colleges and Institutes is a name that local employers have come to know and trust when hiring new entry-level employees.
Working adults need as much convenience and flexibility from their education as they can get.
We provide a valuable educational experience at our convenient campus locations. We offer students modern facilities and industry-standard technology for a quality learning environment.
Earn while you learn
Your busy schedule means that you need to learn where you want, when you want.
- Our campuses are located across the U.S.
- Some students love the flexibility and convenience of online learning, while others love the face-to-face interaction in the classroom. At Fortis, many programs offer hybrid learning so you have flexibility to tailor your education for the most appropriate path to your success.
As a smart, experienced adult, you've seen and done a lot already. We respect that, and work with you to make sure you're not spending time on coursework that's not relevant to you. At the same time, we keep you focused on what's important—the education so you can start your career upon graduation.
- Because Fortis is focused on helping connect you with opportunities with local employers once you graduate. Your Fortis education can pay off by putting on the path to career that offers opportunity with local employers. At Fortis, teaching career search skills is an important piece of your education, and Fortis works with you to help you hit the ground running when you're done with your coursework and successfully graduate from your program.
You've got obligations and responsibilities already, so financing your education is going to be a real concern. At Fortis, we understand that. That's why Fortis helps our students to learn about government and private loans and other financial aid options that are available to those who qualify to help finance the cost of building the foundation for your new career.
We get it.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- We work every day with working adults and career changers who have unique or complex financial situations, and get them the information they will need to determine the financing package that will work the best for them.
- We have financial aid offices on every campus so students can continue to find and act on important information they need to continue on their path to success
- We are flexible and pragmatic in our approach. Our advisors, counselors, instructors, and staff understand and will work with you if it becomes difficult to keep up your studies or if you need time off.
Enrolling at Fortis is simple, quick, and easy. The enrollment process can be started online.
- Talk to an admissions advisor today, at your convenience, or set up a visit. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff on campus can help you select the right program and program options for you.
- Once you've decided on your campus and program, talk to a financial aid advisor about financing your education. Financial aid advisors are available by phone, or in person—whatever works for you.
- Apply online, on campus, or by regular mail.
- Start learning! Your schedule will depend on your program, location, and program options, which your admissions advisor will have helped you with. Your job now is to come to class and begin learning the skills you need to get that career you always wanted.