Your neighborhood Fortis Institute, Houston North
Offering medical, dental and healthcare programs as well as skilled trades.
Healthcare & Medical Institute in North Houston, TX
Located just off of Beltway 8, the FORTIS Institute in Houston, TX - North is close to everything in one of the best cities in the state of Texas. FORTIS Institute Houston North provides career education and training to people in the greater Houston area in the healthcare, medical and skilled trades career fields. You can receive your medical training in Houston, Texas, while being able to enjoy everything 'Space City' has to offer your fellow Texans.
At FORTIS Institute Houston North we offer programs including Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Sterile Processing Technician and Surgical Technology. Bureau of Labor Statistics ranks medical assistant among the fastest growing healthcare occupations nationally between now and 2018. You can capitalize on the healthcare trends in employment by pursuing your medical education at FORTIS Institute in Houston, TX - North.
If you want a medical career working in hospitals and inpatient clinics working to assist surgeons then train to be a Sterile Processing Technician who is responsible for keeping medical and surgical instruments contaminant-free. A Surgical Technologist is a key member of the operating room team and ST's work alongside surgeons and nurses during surgery as well as during the prep and post-surgery procedures.
Do you currently have a medical career but want earn your associate degree? The Healthcare Management program at the Fortis Institute Houston campus can teach you the business and healthcare management skills to seek entry-level healthcare management positions. As a degree completion program, Healthcare Management is for those who have completed a diploma program in fields such as Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting, and Medical Billing and Coding who have also worked in the field with practical experience in the healthcare industry. This is a great path to advance your medical career to work in medical health services, administrative services, social and community services, medical offices or clinics, and healthcare marketing and healthcare sales.
We have a Skilled Trades program at Houston North to prepare students to become an HVAC Technician. The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration programat FORTIS Institute trains students to install and service heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. With an entry-level position as an HVAC Installer or HVAC Mechanic, graduates of this program will be qualified to service and troubleshoot today's complex heating and cooling systems. With the famous Houston weather, there will always be residential and commercial buildings that will require HVAC service and repair.
With everything you can learn with a career education from FORTIS Institute in Houston, TX - North, you will be ready to get started in your professional career in your program of interest in less time than you might think. Get started today. Call or click for more information to pursue a medical career education in Houston, Texas.
Our Houston North campus is just a short drive from Atascocita, The Woodlands & Spring.
FORTIS Institute Houston North was formerly known as MedVance Institute before joining the network of FORTIS Colleges and Institutes in 2011.
Healthcare / Medical
Our aging population and expanding healthcare system means growing opportunity for qualified medical assistants. As medical technology continues to advance, doctors will need medical assistants for various patient care needs.
Medical Billing and Coding
Medical Billing and Coding is a critical function in the healthcare industry today. With billing and coding skills, you can work in a medical office alongside doctors and staff. At FORTIS, we can educate you to help you get into your medical career sooner than you might think!
If you enjoy touching people’s lives, making a positive impact on friends and family, love working with your community and those in need - a career in healthcare will surely bring you a great deal of satisfaction. With medical technologist programs that span a range of skills, FORTIS can place you on the right path to your perfect career.
With advances in medicine and our aging population, there will be increasing demand for healthcare professionals including surgical technologists. Because of these trends, employment of surgical technologists is projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations nationally for the next ten years.
Sterile Processing Technician
If you are interested in playing a major behind-the-scenes role in surgical facilities and hospitals then Fortis can train you to become a Sterile Processing Technician. Sterile Processing Techs insure the instruments used by medical personnel are contaminant-free.
Job prospects for dental assistants are expected to continue to be excellent nationally as dentists need help to perform additional routine tasks and duties, according the Bureau of Labor Statistics. As technology progresses, dentists are devoting more of their time to complex patient care procedures.
Further Your Career Today!
My experience with the Dental Assistant program at FORTIS College was wonderful. The instructors were friendly and knowledgeable and their open-door policy made it a very positive experience.
With me I was lucky enough and blessed enough to get hired on after my extern and the pay is great to me, I love it. It was well worth going to school the ten months I went to school. To me it was worth it.
Personally my education has enhanced my life as to where I have something productive to do that I enjoy doing.
Accreditation and State Authorization
Fortis Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges:
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, Virginia 22201
Fortis Institute is a branch of All-State Career School, Baltimore, Maryland
Fortis Institute is regulated by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) Institute Readiness and Success Division
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752
Fortis Institute is regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools and Colleges:
Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools and Colleges
101 East 15th Street, 226T
Austin, TX 78778
License number S3243
The Surgical Technology program is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Student Complaint Policy Notice
Texas Workforce Commission’s (TWC) Career Schools and Colleges rule §807.301 requires all licensed schools to post a visible notice regarding the school's Student Complaint Policy.
- Fortis Institute has a Certificate of Approval from Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- The TWC-assigned school number is: S3153.
- Fortis Institute's programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- Students must address their concerns about the school by following the grievance process outlined in the school's catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with the school's response to their compliant may file a formal complaint with TWC, COE, CAAHEP, and/or the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Information on filing a complaint with TWC may be found on their website at http://www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents. Mail correspondence to: Texas Workforce Commission, 101 East 15th Street, 226T, Austin, TX 78778; Telephone: (512) 936-3100.
- Information on filing a complaint with COE may be found on their website at http://www.council.org. Mail correspondence to the Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325, Atlanta, GA 30350; Telephone: (770) 396-3898.
- Information on filing a complaint with the CAAHEP may be found on their website at http://caahep.org. Mail correspondence to: Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756; Telephone: (727) 210-2350.
- Information on filing a complaint with THECB, including the required procedures and student complaint form, may be found on their Website at www.thecb.state.tx.us/studentcomplaints. Email or mail correspondence to StudentComplaints@thecb.state.tx.us or Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, College Readiness and Success Division, P.O. Box 12788, Austin, TX 78711-2788. Rules governing student complaints to THECB may be found on the Texas Secretary of State's Website at http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&sch=E&rl=Y.
Consumer Information - Fortis Institute - Houston North
The following links provide consumer information required by federal regulations, and in accordance with school policy, that will allow you to make informed decisions relevant to your education. For details regarding each category below, please hover over the titles. For more info please click here for a complete glossary of terms.