Your neighborhood Fortis College, Houston South
Offering a variety of Medical/Healthcare and HVAC-R programs.
Healthcare & Medical College in South Houston, TX
The FORTIS College in Houston, Texas - South provides career education and training to the people of the greater Houston metro area in the healthcare and medical fields. If you live in Houston, Texas and are looking for medical career training programs, then consider those offered at FORTIS College. Houston is a great city in which to live, play and learn, and we hope you will choose FORTIS College to pursue your dream of a career in healthcare.
FORTIS College in Houston, TX - South offers healthcare and medical career training including programs in Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Sterile Processing Technician and Surgical Technology. Given the fact that our population continues to age and grow, the opportunities and prospects for those with skills in patient care, medical insurance billing and medical office management will continue to grow for the next decade.
Fortis College Houston South campus is now enrolling for an associate degree program in Healthcare Management, which can improve the career trajectory of those who are already working in healthcare. This bridge program is designed for recent graduates of a medical or allied health program at Fortis, a local community college or another vocational school. Students can prepare for a variety of jobs in healthcare management, including Home Health Services, Clinic Operations, Medical Office Management, and much more.
The Sterile Processing Technician program in Houston trains students in medical terminology and the procedures to keep surgical instruments contaminant-free. In the Surgical Technology program, you can learn how to perform a variety of tasks as a critical member of the surgical team assisting surgeons and nurses at the operating table to be prepared for an entry-level position as a surgical technician in Texas upon graduation. Both are exciting career fields that FORTIS can help you enter.
The Texas economy has encountered ups and downs over the years but our population continues to grow. Every building you see in the Houston area will require HVAC service for its systems for heating and cooling. The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program at our Houston South campus prepares students to become HVAC technicians and HVAC installers upon graduation. Talented and ambitious people in the Skilled Trades like the lifestyle living and working in the HVAC industry in Texas. Let FORTIS help you get the skills to join them.
With the training you can receive at FORTIS College in Houston, Texas - South, you can be ready to begin your career in the healthcare field upon graduation from our college.
Our Houston, Texas - South campus is just a short drive from Sugar Land, Missouri City & Pearland.
FORTIS College Houston South was formerly known as MedVance Institute before joining the network of FORTIS Colleges and Institutes in 2011.
Healthcare / Medical
Our aging population and expanding healthcare system means growing opportunity for qualified medical assistants. As medical technology continues to advance, doctors will need medical assistants for various patient care needs.
Medical Billing and Coding
Medical Billing and Coding is a critical function in the healthcare industry today. With billing and coding skills, you can work in a medical office alongside doctors and staff. At FORTIS, we can educate you to help you get into your medical career sooner than you might think!
If you enjoy touching people’s lives, making a positive impact on friends and family, love working with your community and those in need - a career in healthcare will surely bring you a great deal of satisfaction. With medical technologist programs that span a range of skills, FORTIS can place you on the right path to your perfect career.
With advances in medicine and our aging population, there will be increasing demand for healthcare professionals including surgical technologists. Because of these trends, employment of surgical technologists is projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations nationally for the next ten years.
Sterile Processing Technician
If you are interested in playing a major behind-the-scenes role in surgical facilities and hospitals then Fortis can train you to become a Sterile Processing Technician. Sterile Processing Techs insure the instruments used by medical personnel are contaminant-free.
Further Your Career Today!
I decided to do a Medical Assistant program so that I could get a career program that would get me a good professional future. I was also influenced by my grandmother who trained to be a Medical Assistant and then went on for other education and training and is still in healthcare.
The Medical Assistant program at Fortis was a great experience. I received all the knowledge and hands on training to succeed as an MA.
The education I got has bettered my life. It’s actually increased my pay, helped me get further along in life, being able to take care of bills and help take care of my family.
My Fortis certification made a huge difference in my life now that I am certified because not only is the salary cap released from me, but I also get to travel around. Now that I am certified it is a career.
Accreditation and State Authorization
Fortis Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges:
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, Virginia 22201
Fortis Institute is a branch of All-State Career School, Baltimore, Maryland
Fortis Institute is regulated by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) Institute Readiness and Success Division
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752
Fortis Institute is regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools and Colleges:
Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools and Colleges
101 East 15th Street, 226T
Austin, TX 78778
License number S3243
The Surgical Technology program is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Student Complaint Policy Notice
- Texas Workforce Commission’s (TWC) Career Schools and Colleges rule §807.301 requires all licensed schools to post a visible notice regarding the school's Student Complaint Policy.
- Fortis Institute has a Certificate of Approval from Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- The TWC-assigned school number is: S3153.
- Fortis Institute's programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- Students must address their concerns about the school by following the grievance process outlined in the school's catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with the school's response to their compliant may file a formal complaint with TWC, COE, CAAHEP, and/or the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
- .Information on filing a complaint with TWC may be found on their website at http://www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents. Mail correspondence to: Texas Workforce Commission, 101 East 15th Street, 226T, Austin, TX 78778; Telephone: (512) 936-3100.
- Information on filing a complaint with COE may be found on their website at http://www.council.org. Mail correspondence to the Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325, Atlanta, GA 30350; Telephone: (770) 396-3898.
- Information on filing a complaint with the CAAHEP may be found on their website at http://caahep.org. Mail correspondence to: Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756; Telephone: (727) 210-2350.
- Information on filing a complaint with THECB, including the required procedures and student complaint form, may be found on their Website at www.thecb.state.tx.us/studentcomplaints. Email or mail correspondence to StudentComplaints@thecb.state.tx.us or Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, College Readiness and Success Division, P.O. Box 12788, Austin, TX 78711-2788. Rules governing student complaints to THECB may be found on the Texas Secretary of State's Website at http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&sch=E&rl=Y.
Consumer Information - Fortis College, Houston South
The following links provide consumer information required by federal regulations, and in accordance with school policy, that will allow you to make informed decisions relevant to your education. For details regarding each category below, please hover over the titles. For more info please click here for a complete glossary of terms.