Are you researching healthcare programs in Erie, Pennsylvania? Whether you are considering becoming a nurse, medical technician, dental assistant, medical office administrator, or another allied health professional, you will want to look into FORTIS’ variety of medical programs in Pennsylvania. Our Erie campus is just a short drive from Northwest Harborcreek, Edinborough, and North East.
Formerly known as Tri-State Business Institute (TSBI), FORTIS Institute continues TSBI's proud tradition of helping students succeed in life by offering numerous career training programs in the healthcare fields.
Nursing Programs in Erie Pennsylvania
FORTIS offers nursing programs in Pennsylvania for those looking to become a practical nurse. This is a hybrid program with the majority of the program being taken on campus and several courses within the program (less than 50% of the program) taken online.
Our PN program prepares students to acquire the skills necessary to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). This program provides classroom, laboratory, and clinical experiences that prepare students to succeed in this career. Upon completion of the program, Pennsylvania students will be prepared to sit for the NCLEX-PN licensure exam to become an LPN.
Other Medical Programs in Erie Pennsylvania
At FORTIS Institute, our accredited healthcare programs can help you grow professionally and personally as you train for an entry-level position in the medical or dental fields. We offer a variety of quality programs in the healthcare field with options for both traditional and nontraditional students. Our programs in Erie, Pennsylvania include Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene.
- Medical Assisting Programs: Medical assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices and clinics of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, optometrists, and other doctors running smoothly. FORTIS offers a medical assisting program that is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills in office administration, computer, and clinical areas that are necessary for entry-level employment as a medical assistant in a medical office or clinic.
- Dental Assisting Program: Our dental assisting program will provide you with hands-on strategies and techniques to work in the treatment or operation room directly with the dentist. Dental assistants can work in private and group dental practices, mobile dental units, insurance companies, hospitals, nursing homes, dental school clinics, and public and private health facilities.
- Dental Hygiene: Dental hygienists are licensed oral healthcare professionals and respected members of the dental team who provide preventative, educational, and therapeutic services. Our dental hygiene program prepares students to enter this exciting and rewarding field.
Skilled Trades, Computer and Business Programs in Erie Pennsylvania
At Fortis Institute, we offer programs to prepare for careers in the skilled trades and business including HVAC, welding, Construction Management, computer information systems, criminal justice and business administration.
- HVAC & Refrigeration: The growing number of sophisticated climate control systems and the increased emphasis on energy efficiency means demand for skilled HVAC technicians to install, repair and maintain heating, cooling and refrigeration systems will continue to increase.
- Welding: The nation’s aging infrastructure will require the expertise of skilled welders to help rebuild bridges, highways and buildings. The construction of new power plants and energy pipelines for gas and oil will also result in job opportunity for welders.
- Construction Management: Larger firms prefer contraction managers with construction experience and a specialized associate degree in a construction-related field. The program at Fortis can prepare you for entry-level position in Construction Management.
- Computer Information Systems: The career field in computer systems and information technology requires a fresh stream of trained entry-level analysts, technicians and programmers. Fortis Institute can train you with the skills and knowledge to start and to advance in a career with a specialized associate degree in Computer Information Systems.
- Criminal Justice: With a specialized associate degree in criminal justice from Fortis Institute you can prepare for a career in law enforcement, private or public security, corrections, probation and immigration. Some grads also pursue careers as private investigators. The field of criminal justice is fast growing and has undergone a significant shift in sophistication and philosophy. Fortis will teach the principle in a step-by-step fashion to prepare you for success.
- Business Administration / Marketing and Management: Graduates of the specialized associate degree program in business administration of Fortis Institute will be prepared for entry-level positions in Management and managerial support in areas such as business planning and research, marketing and sales, food service and lodging, insurance sales, customer service and other marketing and management positions.
At FORTIS Institute in Erie, PA, you will learn from instructors who have real-world experience in their fields and who will partner with you to increase your potential for success, no matter which program you choose. We focus on helping you make your goal of getting an education and starting a career a reality.
If you are interested in obtaining more detailed information on any of these medical programs in Pennsylvania, including specific course schedules and tuition, contact us today via phone, email, or live online chat. Our helpful admissions representatives will be happy to answer any questions you have.