Fortis Institute In Erie
Effective July 16, 2018, the campus is no longer enrolling in all programs at Fortis Institute.
Accreditation and State Authorization
FORTIS Institute, Erie, PA is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award occupational, specialized associate degrees and diplomas.
The program in dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation [and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval with reporting requirements”]. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.
To request school catalog and program information, please contact the school.
Notice to students: The Computer Information Systems – Networking program at Fortis Institute has been placed on student achievement show-cause by their accreditor, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, due to material noncompliance with its placement rate standard of 60%.
- Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Department of State, Pennsylvania Board of Cosmetology
- Department of State, Pennsylvania Board of Nursing
Fortis Institute provides postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of diploma and specialized degree programs that assist adult students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities. Fortis Institute strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. The staff at Fortis Institute believes that they make an important contribution to the economic growth and social well-being of the area. Fortis Institute educates its students to help meet the economic needs of their community in entry-level positions. The educational process is a change-oriented approach to education that provides the community with graduates who possess the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations.
The following goals are integral to the mission of Fortis Institute:
- To develop each student’s individual and professional growth, including written and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies.
- To develop each student’s professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content.
- To promote self-discipline and motivation so that students may enjoy success in their career and in society.
- To attract and retain effective and qualified instructors who are familiar with current medical and/or technical practices, and who motivate and develop students.
- To offer sound diploma, associate of specialized business, and associate of specialized technology programs
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to postsecondary education by providing financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are trained.
Consumer Information - Fortis Institute in Erie
The following links provide consumer information required by federal regulations, and in accordance with school policy, that will allow you to make informed decisions relevant to your education. For details regarding each category below, please hover over the titles. For more info please click here for a complete glossary of terms.