Fortis College is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges:
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
Fortis College is authorized by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools:
Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
30 East Board Street, Suite 2481
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Fortis College, which operates in Florida under the name Fortis Institute Online, is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education:
Commission for Independent Education
Florida Department of Education
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414,
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
Fortis College, which operates in Colorado under the name Fortis Institute Online, is licensed by the Division of Private Occupational Schools, Colorado Department of Higher Education:
Division of Private Occupational Schools
Colorado Department of Higher Education
1560 Broadway, Suite 1600
Denver, Colorado 80202
Pursuant to guidance from the Texas Workforce Commission, Fortis College is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.
State Authorization Disclosure for Online Students
The following information is applicable to any prospective or current online student. With the exceptions noted below, Fortis College reviews admissions applications and may enroll students from most U.S. states and territories. Fortis College does not accept international students in its online programs.
Fortis College is not currently reviewing admissions applications or enrolling students from the following states/territories: Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Oregon, South Dakota, America Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
If, while enrolled in a Fortis College program, a student moves to one of the above listed states/territories, he or she must contact Fortis College and the relevant state education agency. Fortis College cannot guarantee the student’s new home state/territory will allow him or her to complete his or her Fortis College program. It is the student’s responsibility to inform the College of his or her relocation as far in advance as possible.
FORTIS Online serves the educational needs of students through offering curricula leading to Diploma and Associate Degree programs. The school is dedicated to preserving, transmitting, and advancing the current state of knowledge, to developing programs which meet the changing needs of the business community, preparing students to become educated professionals and to encourage graduates to apply the knowledge they gain for their personal development and for the good of the society in which they live.
While generating the resources necessary to accomplish its aim, the school maintains and improves the quality of its faculty and works to achieve its mission through the following educational goals:
- To help students master their chosen areas of competency and to prepare them for continuing professional development in those fields.
- To teach students the methods and techniques used in their chosen fields and provide them with problem-solving skills to develop the resources needed to constantly update their skills.
- To foster within students the desire to maintain high levels of professionalism in their chosen careers and continue learning throughout their lives.
- To give students broad foundations in the theory and practice of their chosen occupations.
- To help students identify their personal, academic and career goals within specified fields offered and to help them develop means of achieving those goals.
- To offer educational programs to students from diverse backgrounds and with diverse cultural experiences.
- To encourage the academic freedom of instructors to teach and students to learn.
- To provide an on-going process of self-assessment to determine if the educational programs are meeting their stated goals.