We've come a long way, but we're just getting started.
FORTIS is a post-secondary network of colleges and institutes that engages students in a powerful learning and training experience for lifelong growth. With the addition of each new campus, Fortis now offers career-based certificate, diploma and degree-granting programs at more than 40 schools in 15 states. FORTIS College and FORTIS Institute campuses prepare students for careers in healthcare, nursing, medical, dental, business, information technology, massage, cosmetology and the skilled trades such as welding, commercial driving, and HVAC. FORTIS College Online also offers online learning platforms for a variety of associate degree programs for adults and members of the military community.
HISTORY OF FORTIS:
August, 2008 – FORTIS College campus in Phoenix , AZ became our first school to wear the FORTIS name, with the construction and grand opening of our first campus in Arizona.
September, 2008 – FORTIS College campus in Salt Lake City was added shortly as our second FORTIS campus with the opening of our campus in Salt Lake City, UT.
December, 2008 – FORTIS College campus in Norfolk became the third school to wear the FORTIS name, with the opening of the new facility in Norfolk, VA. Campus was formerly known as Virginia Career Institute in Virginia Beach.
January, 2009 - FORTIS adds four new Fortis College campus locations in Alabama, in the cities of Dothan, Foley, Mobile and Montgomery. These campuses were formerly known as Capps College.
February, 2009 – FORTIS continues to expand by adding FORTIS College in Richmond as our second Virginia location, also formerly known as Virginia Career Institute. FORTIS adds our first campus in Florida with the addition of FORTIS Institute in Pensacola, formerly a Capps College campus.
November/December 2009 - Grand opening of our brand new FORTIS College campus in Indianapolis, IN. Florida expansion continues with the addition of FORTIS College in Orange Park (formerly known as North Florida Institute). FORTIS College Landover becomes our first Maryland campus (the former Medix School South campus).
April, 2010 – The FORTIS brand expands across the states of PA, OH and FL.
- In Pennsylvania, FORTIS Institute, Forty Fort campus and FORTIS Institute, Scranton campus are added to the roster with both formerly known as AMTI.
- In Ohio, the FORTIS College campuses in Columbus, OH, in Cincinnati, OH, and in Ravenna, OH were all former Bohecker College locations. FORTIS College in Cuyahoga Falls , OH was formerly known as National Institute of Technology (NIT). The FORTIS College campus in Centerville, OH had been known as RETS College in the Dayton, OH market .
- In Florida, FORTIS College in Winter Park had formerly been known as Central Florida College.
- FORTIS College Online launches to provide a convenient online learning platform for students to tailor their education to their busy lifestyles while pursuing their goal of earning an Associates Degree.
November, 2010 - Montgomery, AL receives its second FORTIS campus with the addition of a FORTIS College locat ed at Eastdale Road in Montgomery. FORTIS opens a brand new facility in New Jersey as we add FORTIS Institute campus in Lawrenceville , NJ.
December, 2010 – Formerly known as Berdan Institute, the FORTIS Institute, Wayne , NJ campus proudly becomes the second FORTIS campus in New Jersey.
June/July, 2011 - Expansion of the FORTIS brand continues across Alabama, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas and Tennessee.
- Formerly known as Tri-State Business Institute, the FORTIS Institute campus in Erie, PA joined the Fortis family.
- Formerly known as Tri-State Institute, the Fortis Institute campus in Birmingham, AL joined all the other Fortis campuses in AL.
- A brand new FORTIS College campus was opened in Cutler Bay, FL in the Miami suburbs to serve south Florida.
- Three FORTIS campus locations were added in Texas. FORTIS College in Houston South, FORTIS Institute in Houston North and FORTIS College in Grand Prairie in the Dallas area were all former MedVance Institute campuses.
- The FORTIS Institute campuses in Nashville and Cookeville, TN were rebranded to FORTIS and both had formerly been known as MedVance Institute.
September, 2011 – In the Baltimore, Maryland market, FORTIS Institute – Towson and the FORTIS Institute campus in Woodlawn (Baltimore) were the latest additions. They were formerly known as Medix School Towson and Medix School West campus locations, respectively.
November, 2011 – The FORTIS name expands into the state of Louisiana with the addition of the FORTIS College campus in Baton Rouge , LA, which had formerly been a MedVance Institute campus.
May, 2013 - Expanding further into Florida, FORTIS added one more campus, previously known as MedVance Institute, in Port St. Lucie.