Fortis Institute in Port St. Lucie, FL, FL:
American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
If you are a Florida healthcare professional who needs to know how to perform CPR, along with other lifesaving skills, consider enrolling in FORTIS’ BLS programs in Port St. Lucie, FL. In this American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers program, the skills you learn will be applicable across a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
BLS Programs in West Palm Beach
Our BLS program is a non-accredited, non-credit continuing education course for professionals in the medical field. The following material is covered during the course:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
- CPR with an advanced airway
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Online
The American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 Course is web-based and accessible 24 hours a day, providing a flexible alternative to classroom training. Through case-based scenarios, interactive activities, and videos, this course teaches the concepts of both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
Part 1 must be paired with a hands-on skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA BLS Instructor. Students who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance to a skills practice and testing session. An AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion card will be issued upon successful completion of all three parts of the course.
Students have access to all information in the course for two years after activation of their course key, including the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual, downloadable algorithms, summary of steps of CPR, the BLS pocket reference card, and much more!
For more information about the American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) Continuing Education courses, please contact the Continuing Education Department at (772) 221-9799.