Dental Assistants Help People Smile
As dental technology advances, more dentists devote more of their time to complex patient care procedures within their dental practice. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, job prospects for dental assistants are expected to continue to be excellent nationally as dentists are expected to hire more dental assistants to perform additional routine tasks and duties.
Dental assistants perform a wide variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties at the dental office. They assist the dentist at chair side, they sterilize and disinfect instruments, they obtain and update dental records and they instruct patients on general and post-operative oral healthcare.
In the Dental Assistant program at FORTIS, students acquire necessary skills to demonstrate competence in a variety of dental office procedures and laboratory techniques including preliminary examination procedures, four-handed dentistry, dental charting, setting appointments and keeping patient records.
Many dental assistants leverage their skills and experience in this entry-level position to advance their dental careers with additional coursework and instruction. This is a great career with a proven growth path.
Offered at these campuses:
- Fortis College in Mobile
- Fortis College at Atlanta Highway, Montgomery
- Fortis College in Phoenix
- Fortis College in Orange Park
- Fortis Institute in Pensacola
- Fortis College in Smyrna
- Fortis College in Indianapolis
- Fortis Institute in Wayne
- Fortis College in Centerville
- Fortis College in Cincinnati
- Fortis College in Cuyahoga Falls
- Fortis College in Columbia
- Fortis College in Salt Lake City
- Fortis College in Norfolk