To better serve our student population and the community at large, FORTIS is consolidating our Florida operations. Effective immediately Fortis Institute in Mulberry will no longer enroll new students. All interested students please click below for an alternative campus location or for information on FORTIS Online programs.
Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training
The Florida Bureau of State Approving has approved FORTIS Institute, Mulberry for veterans training.
* FORTIS Institute’s Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Upon completion of classroom and externship hours, the student will be prepared to sit for the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered medical Assistant (RMA) exam
** FORTIS Institute’s Emergency Medical Services program is approved by the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services which allows the graduate to sit for both state and national licensure exams.
*** Graduates of the Pharmacy Technician program are eligible to sit for the National Certified Pharmacy Technician Certification board (PTCB).
Mission and Goals
FORTIS Institute provides postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of diploma programs that assist adult students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities. FORTIS Institute strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. The staff at FORTIS Institute believes that they make an important contribution to the economic growth and social well-being of the area. FORTIS Institute educates its students to help meet the economic needs of their community in entry-level positions. The educational process is a change-oriented approach to education that provides the community with graduates who possess the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations.
The following goals are integral to the mission of FORTIS Institute:
- To develop each student’s individual and professional growth, including written and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies.
- To develop each student’s professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content.
- To promote self-discipline and motivation so that students may enjoy success in their career and in society.
- To attract and retain effective and qualified instructors who are familiar with current medical and/or technical practices, and who motivate and develop students.
- To offer sound diploma programs.
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to postsecondary education by providing financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are trained.