To better serve our student population and the community at large, FORTIS is consolidating our Florida operations. Effective immediately Fortis Institute in Fort Lauderdale will no longer enroll new students. All interested students please click below for an alternative campus location or for information on FORTIS Online programs.
FORTIS Institute in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools:
Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 North
Falls Church, VA 22043
The Medical Laboratory Technology program is programmatically accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences:
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
5600 N. River Road, Suite 720
Rosemont, IL 60018-5119
(773) 714-8886 (fax)
The Radiologic Technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (with probation status as of April 19, 2013)
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850 Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Web address: http://www.jrcert.org
Program effectiveness outcomes may be accessed at the following Web address: http://www.jrcert.org
The Surgical Technology program is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Mission and Purposes
FORTIS Institute provides postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of diploma programs that assist adult students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities. FORTIS Institute strives to develop within its students the desire for life-long and continued education. The staff at FORTIS Institute believes that they make an important contribution to the economic growth and social well-being of the Fort Lauderdale area. FORTIS Institute educates its students to help meet the economic needs of their community in entry-level positions. The educational process is a change-oriented approach to education that provides the community with graduates who possess the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations.
The following goals are integral to the mission of FORTIS Institute:
- To develop each student’s individual and professional growth, including written and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies.
- To develop each student’s professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content.
- To promote self-discipline and motivation so that students may enjoy success in their career and in society.
- To attract and retain effective and qualified instructors who are familiar with current medical and/or technical practices, and who motivate and develop students.
- To offer sound diploma programs.
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to postsecondary education by providing financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are trained.