Fortis College in Cutler Bay/Miami, FL: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Apply Now For Our BSN Program
This program allows students with proper educational prerequisites to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree on an accelerated academic schedule to prepare to become a Registered Nurse.
Looking for nursing schools in south Florida? FORTIS offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program designed for students to become professional nursing practitioners and leaders in the nursing profession.
Students who already have a BS, BA, associate, or higher degree in any related subject, with similar educational objectives, may accelerate their progress through the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program by transferring applicable general education courses taken in a previous degree program.
Successful completion of the BSN program at FORTIS will enable the graduate to apply to sit for the licensure exam to become a Registered Nurse.
Employment titles that may be held by successful graduates who achieve licensure to become a Registered Nurse include: staff nurse, charge nurse, pediatric nurse, school nurse, geriatric nurse, oncology nurse, ICU nurse, and psychiatric nurse.
Nurses with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing may be employed by hospitals, nursing care facilities, clinics, schools, or physician’s offices.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program will:
- Be proficient in the core nursing competencies of clinical/critical reasoning, patient safety, and quality improvement principles.
- Conduct assessments of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations as the basis for planning and delivering care.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with patients and inter-professional teams to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Integrate knowledge of general education, liberal arts, research, evidence-based practice, communication skills, theory, and technological tools to implement the professional nursing roles with and in a complex adaptive system.
- Function as a leader in healthcare systems, in professional organizations, and within interdisciplinary teams.
- Provide professional nursing care to individuals and populations that include health promotion and maintenance, illness care, end-of-life care, restoration, and rehabilitation.
- Use political, economical, organizational, educational, and advocacy strategies to improve health care delivery to individuals, groups, families, communities, and national and global populations.
- Accept personal accountability for lifelong learning, professional growth, and commitment to the advancement of the profession
FORTIS College in Cutler Bay offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, as well as other quality nursing programs in south Florida. Contact us now and start your nursing career today.
This is a hybrid program, which means that the majority of the program is taken at the campus and several courses within the program (less than 50% of the program) are taken online. The program’s blend of on campus and online courses allows students to experience all the support and services our school has to offer as well the flexibility and convenience of online classes.*
*The number of classes taken online varies each term, and some terms in the program may be taught entirely on campus. Speak to one of our admissions representatives for more information.